What is the Gradebook?
The Gradebook is the appropriate way to communicate the student's grades. Once set up, all of the tools can feed grades to the Gradebook which can auto calculate the students grades. The Gradebook allows instructors to do the following:
- Enter grades and comments in an easy-to-use spreadsheet view.
- Auto-calculate course grades, with the ability to override any course grade.
- Define course letter grades and grading schema.
- Choose between point- or percentage-based grading.
- Add Gradebook items for manually graded or offline activities.
- Collect and display scores from tools such as Tests & Quizzes, Assignments, and Discussions.
- Restrict permissions so Teaching Assistants can only grade specific rosters or groups of students.
- Import and export grades from a spreadsheet (CSV) file.
- Create extra credit items and/or categories.
- Organize grades into categories, and use categories to do the following:
- Assign a weight to the category,
- Automatically drop grades in a specific category.
- Export a printer-friendly (PDF) version of individual student grades.
- Students can view their own grades and comments in the Gradebook.
Faculty Documentation: Creating your iLearn Gradebook
This video includes:
- How to add items to the Gradebook
- Creating categories and setting weights