What is the Gradebook?
The Gradebook allows instructors to do the following:
- Enter grades and comments in an easy-to-use spreadsheet view.
- Auto-calculate course grades, with the ability to override any course grade.
- Define course letter grades and grading schema.
- Choose between point- or percentage-based grading.
- Add Gradebook items for manually graded or offline activities.
- Collect and display scores from tools such as Tests & Quizzes, Assignments, and Discussions.
- Restrict permissions so Teaching Assistants can only grade specific rosters or groups of students.
- Import and export grades from a spreadsheet (CSV) file.
- Create extra credit items and/or categories.
- Organize grades into categories, and use categories to do the following:
- Assign a weight to the category,
- Automatically drop grades in a specific category.
- Export a printer-friendly (PDF) version of individual student grades.
- Students can view their own grades and comments in the Gradebook.
Faculty Documentation: Creating your iLearn Gradebook
This video includes:
- How to add items to the Gradebook
- Creating categories and setting weights