Student Profile: Sai Chandrika Neradabilli

Sai Chandrika Neradabilli is a graduate student working in the department of Digital Education while studying for her Master's degree in Information System Management who shared her experience at Marist College. 

Student Profiles: Sai Chandrika Neradabilli

Sai Chandrika Neradabilli is a graduate student working in the department of Digital Education while studying for her Master's degree in Information System Management.
Chandrika's main responsibility is to perform quality assurance software testing for the Sakai LMS open-source community.  She has taken the lead in her involvement with accessibility testing within the global group."  We had Chandrika answer a few questions, and you can read the answers in her own words.

Why did you choose Marist?
Fun story, this was the first college I took a virtual tour for, and I really didn't think of any other colleges. Marist has the prettiest views and for an international student, the experience is everything. I remember reading the mission statement and the three ideals, which really filled in the assurance and confidence in me that I could do this. Scrolling down I saw the number of student clubs in the college which made me feel I would really find the exposure and the experience of multicultural learning, and the best part was having a mentor assigned to always talk to and take guidance from. All these little details wrapped up with the beautiful sunsets on the Hudson made me choose Marist, or should I say, Marist chose me - it was mutual!

What is your favorite thing about working for Digital Education?
Digital Education is not like any workplace for me, it is my first job in the U.S. The experience, learning, and exposure is something I will always learn and cherish. The inclusivity and the open platform is always there for me to give my opinions, bring in new ideas, take part in new projects, enhance my skills, make mistakes and learn from those mistakes. The patience and safe space is given for any international student to adjust, adapt, and actively contribute is the finest. The constant feedback and guidance from my boss, Dede, is something that always pushes me to perform my best.

What is your favorite thing about Marist?
My favorite thing about Marist is how you can reach out to anyone within the college and they are always willing to assist, no matter their position in the college. I remember my first time talking to President Weinman in a global meet recently and I felt it was very pleasant and calm. In my country it is relatively hard to communicate with the executive levels in school. I love the spirit of college unity at games. With all the diversity of attendees, we all cheer "Go Red Foxes!" together.  This makes me feel part of the Marist community and reminds me of my country, India, and believing in Unity in Diversity.

When you graduate, what do you hope to be able to do?
I want to keep implementing what I have learned in my almost 2 years of experience here in Marist and in Digital Education. I'd like to maintain my connections in Marist, continue contributing to Sakai, and most of all get a job that increases my creative ability and helps me showcase my expertise in Information System Management. A job that bridges both business and technical aspects of an organization is the best fit for me.