Student Profile: Varun Kumar Reddy Reguri

Varun Kumar Reddy Reguri is a graduate student working in Data Center Operations while pursuing a Master's degree in Information Systems with a concentration in Information Systems Management. Varun expects to graduate in December 2023.

Student Profiles: Varun Kumar Reddy Reguri

Varun Kumar Reddy Reguri is a graduate student working in Data Center Operations while pursuing a Master's degree in Information Systems with a concentration in Information Systems Management. Varun expects to graduate in December 2023. Varun's supervisor, Lewis Derenzis, had this to say about Varun, "He is my nighttime operator. He is always going above and beyond his duties to make sure the Data Center is running smoothly and all tasks are completed."

Why did you choose Marist?

I chose Marist for its reputation as a top-ranked institution with a strong focus on technology and innovation, partnering with IBM. I was particularly attracted to the college's commitment to establishing close relationships among students and professors, as well as its beautiful location on the banks of the Hudson River.

What is your favorite thing about working in Data Center Operations?

As a data center operator, I have been actively involved in various tasks associated with data centers, where I gained valuable experience in managing and maintaining data center equipment, ensuring uptime and availability, and troubleshooting issues. One of my favorite things about working in Data Center Operations is the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and to learn from experienced professionals in the field.

What is your favorite thing about Marist?

Outside of work and studies, I enjoy exploring the natural beauty of the Hudson Valley, hiking and site-seeing in the nearby mountains, and also exploring New York City.

When you graduate, what do you hope to be able to do?

Upon graduation, I hope to secure a position at a top technology firm, where I can apply my skills and knowledge to solve complex problems and drive innovation using what I learned from the Marist College professors and colleagues in the data center. I'm excited about the possibilities that lie ahead and commit to making a positive impact on the world through my work.