FAQs for Teaching With iLearn-19
No, there will be a planned outage all day on May 29, 2019.
Yes, your content from previous courses and any that you are currently working on will be available after the upgrade.
Upgrading the system provides several system enhancements such as:
- Modernized design and user interface
- Better responsive design for mobile devices
- The addition of a rubrics tool to facilitate student outcomes
- New student engagement capabilities
In addition to a cleaner, more modern interface, new functionality is delivered to simplify and enhance common actions within the system. In the upgraded iLearn, you can:
- Experience a more modern/responsive interface with mobile-ready navigation
- Provide easier and faster grading capabilities within the new Rubrics tool which allows you to add rubrics to assignments, forums, or tests and quizzes
Increase student engagement using the new and improved features such as:
- The Commons tool, designed as a social media style tool where students can interact
- The Chat tool, where students can instant message their connections or their instructor
- The Lessons tool, where you can now embed a Twitter feed or Forum
No. The basic layout of the interface remains the same, as does the workflow of the tools. The upgrade provides a more user friendly interface with improved usability and functionality in iLearn's existing tools.
The content within the system will be available, just as it was prior to the upgrade.
Join us during one of our preview sessions or training sessions. You can also reach the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 845-575-4357 (HELP) for support.