Microsoft Office 365 and iLearn
Microsoft Office is a set of computer applications used to address specific tasks, such as word processing, data management, making presentations and email. This suite of tools includes Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Forms and Outlook email. Microsoft Office 365 is cloud access to this suite of applications, plus access to OneDrive, a unique cloud storage area from which content may be saved and shared.
Marist College offers students and employees access to these tools via the web:
Office 365 and iLearn
Using Office products with the File Picker in iLearn tools (Assignments, Announcements, Discussions)
What is the file picker? The file picker enables files to be selected and displayed in iLearn - for example, when attaching a document to an Assignment, Discussion, Announcement.
The file picker allows you to pick up your content from your Office 365 drive
Use Office products for Group Projects by Document Sharing:
Here is how to share documents with group members:
- Share a document
- Select Share.
- Select Link settings.
- Choose the permissions you want: Anyone with the link, People in [your organization], People with existing access, Specific people
- Choose if you want to Allow editing.
- Select Apply.
- Type in names or email addresses for those you want to share with.
- Add a message if you want.
- Select Send.
How to select your own or group documents from Office 365 in iLearn:
In Announcements, Assignments, Messages, and Discussions Tools, select the attachment button, next click Select From OneDrive
About Microsoft Forms
With Microsoft Forms, you can easily capture the information you need, from surveys to registration. With forms, you have the ability to create effective forms with easy-to-use tools and clear design suggestions and get quick feedback with a poll or collect more detailed information with branching questions. You can Assess student progress and transform a quiz into an educational asset by adding videos to the questions.
*Please note: If you have used MachForms in the past, this application is no longer supported.
It's easy to create a basic form.
Create a Form:
- Select Add button, New Form or New Quiz.
- Type a title for your form. You can also provide an optional subtitle for it.
- Select Add button
- Add new to add a question. You can choose to add Choice, Text, Rating, or Date questions.
- Select the drop-down list to see more question types, such as Ranking, Likert, File upload, Net Promoter Score, and Section.
Click here for more Microsoft instructions!
Microsoft Help Guides
These linked guides will bring you to the Microsoft website to find assistance for using MS products.