What is Zoom? Zoom is a video-conferencing platform for which Marist College owns a license. Zoom allows you to engage in live Web conversations with your colleagues, students, and faculty using audio, video, and text-based chat features. It's also available for use from your Brightspace course offerring site. Using your Marist account you can generate a link that can be shared with participants who can then follow the web link to join in on a live conversation.
Marist Direct Link to Zoom: https://marist-edu.zoom.us/
Zoom and Brightspace
Adding the Zoom tool to your Brightspace Course Offerring Site:
- Access your Brightspace course offering,
- Select "Content" on the Navigation bar,
- Next click "+ New Unit" from the top of the left column in Content.
- Title the Unit "Zoom,"
- Scroll down to the bottom to toggle the button from Hidden to "Visible" and
- Click "Save and Close"
- Next click on the new Zoom unit, click "Add Existing"
- Then click "External Tool Activities" under What would you like to add.
- Scroll down and Click "Zoom" under Insert an External Tool.
- The Zoom tool will now be displayed under the Zoom Unit on the left-hand navigation.
- Next scroll to the top to toggle the button from Hidden to "Visible"
Creating a Recurring Zoom Meeting in Brightspace:
- From the Zoom Tool in the course, click “Schedule a New Meeting”
- Check the box next to “Recurring meeting” under Time Zone.
- Choose the Recurrence: Daily, Weekly, Monthly.
- Set the End Date
- Click "Save"
Zoom Helpful Guides
These linked guides will bring you to various support resources.